April 4, 2015

Oh Happy Day!!

What a sweet and joyful moment we had in the Thompson household last night!  Our Jordan, aged 6, asked Jesus into his heart!

   Yesterday was Good Friday. I had been talking to Jordan off and on throughout the day what Good Friday meant, how Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and so forth.  Jordan attended the Good Friday service at church with me (David was playing). On the way home, I talked to him about the service and what he got out of it. He talked about Jesus being on the cross and I asked him how he felt about it. His response: sad.  I talked about what Jesus does for us when He's in our hearts, how He helps us to obey (I told Jordan that Mommy does not like obeying, but Jesus helps me because He's in my heart). By that point, Jordan was starting to zone out, so I let it be.

  Later that evening, at bedtime, I had to feed Noah so I was sending the boys to bed by "themselves". Jordan came in saying he did not want to be alone. At first I said he had Lucas with him, and he still didn't want to be alone. Then I said Jesus was always with him. Jordan asked me to tell him more about Jesus, and I did. I explained that once you ask Jesus into your heart, He will never leave you. Jordan told me that he had Jesus in his heart. I said when? He said "now". So I asked if he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart and he said yes. As I turned on the light to see Jordan better (important moment, you know!) After I turned on the light, Jordan saw a book on the nightstand and asked to read it. I responded we could, did he want to pray before or after? He wanted to read the book first, then pray. I love it - it's so Jordan.

  After we read the book and I tucked the older boys into bed, I asked Jordan if he still wanted to ask Jesus into his heart. He did, so I prayed and he prayed after me. What a sweet moment! I told Jordan how happy I was for him, he responded he was happy too and promptly fell asleep.

  When telling my parents the next day, he said "I asked Jesus into my heart. It was exhausting!" =D That boy, too funny.  (Exhausting because he fell asleep right away)

My Jordan, your Daddy and I are so beyond happy for you that you have asked Jesus into your heart. We pray that He will guide you and you will look to Him always, in every circumstance. Life is not going to be easy - there are valleys and hills, but you will get through them with Jesus by your side. We do not know what plans He has for you, but if you let Him, He will mold you into a great man of God and do great things with you for Him. We love you Jordan!


No comments:

Post a Comment